Guest Post: The Three Best Books About Habits

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Guest post by: Marla Leigh

Three books you should read to create routines, break bad habits and start good ones
In my last post, I talked about a book called The Miracle Morning. I credit that book for helping to convert me from a lifelong night owl into an early bird. The magic of the book is not a particular time of day but rather the intersection of determination and consistency, which creates habits.  Habits are the micro-decisions that you make all day, every day that determine the overall picture of who you are. Aligning your habits with your desires could be the single most important tool to help you meet all your goals.

I have three book suggestions to help you smash your goals and turn your wishes into reality.


1. 168 Hours: You Have More Time Than You Think by Laura Vanderkam
What it’s about: it discusses how to properly prioritize your day so you can find time for the things you want to do and need to do.

Why you should read it: because it will challenge how you spend your time. Time and money are the two assets that people do not believe they have enough of. We are not all on a level playing field when it comes to money, but we all have the same 168 hours in a week. The difference between success and failure is in how we choose to spend our time.


2. What The Most Successful People Do Before Breakfast by Laura Vanderkam
What it’s about: This book highlights successful people and finds a common thread...that people who are successful have a strong, productive morning routine.

Why you should read it: because whatever your goals are, you can accomplish them if you put in the time and energy. The start of your day sets the direction for the rest of your day. Starting your day out goal-driven ensures you will end your day with success.


3. The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg
What it’s about: the research behind how and why we develop habits. It also contains case studies that help illustrate the points the book is trying to make.

Why you should read it: because it goes beyond telling you that you need to change your habits, and helps you develop tactics to actually get there.

I hope you will give one of these books a try. Tell us in the comments: what time management or goal setting books do you love?



Author Bio: My name is Marla Leigh from www.thehealthcaremaquis.com. It is my pleasure to be here and share my great love of books with you. I love books of all kinds, but in particular nonfiction and juvenile fiction. I guess they appeal to the part of me that never grew up. I believe that books enrich every area of our lives, so I encourage you to read more. It is good for your brain, mental health, and overall health. I look forward to sharing some of my favorite reads with you and hope to hear about some of yours as well












No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS