Recommended Recipes

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Who says this blog has to be about books only?! A quick little collaborative post featuring a few of my favorite recipes and a few of my friends' and family members' favorites as well. Looking for something new to make? Look no further.

1. Basil Pesto Chicken Pasta 
Link to the recipe here!

2. Stovetop Mac & Cheese
Link to the recipe here!
I love making homemade mac and cheese because it's the best food in the world but I hate the boxed kind. This is my starting recipe, which works well. I use various combinations of cheeses, and usually add buffalo sauce and some chicken or vegetables.

3. Grape Salad
Recipe:
1 cup of sugar
1 package of philadelphia cream cheese
1 container of sour cream
1 package of cool whip
1 bag of washed and dried grapes
*Combine all ingredients (except grapes) and then add grapes when mixture is smooth and thick*

4. Cereal
(recommended by my smartass dad)
In case your readers don't know how to make it. Find a bowl, spoon, milk, and of course the cereal. Put as much cereal in the bowl as you'd like and add milk to almost covering the cereal. Eat.

5. The best salad you can make (my favorite, at least)
Recipe: 
Combine all of these ingredients...
Spinach, dark lettuces, soft goat cheese crumbles, craisins, small diced apples, chopped pecans, rotisserie chicken, and balsamic vinaigrette or a similar light dressing.

6. Chocolate Crinkle Cookies 

Link to a recipe here!

7. Slow Cooker Crack Chicken
This is one of my favorites, as well as my family's back at home. If you have a slow cooker it's incredibly easy. I don't put bacon in mine, to get rid of some unnecessary calories, but it's great any way. Leftovers also go great in wraps, on salads, or just by itself. 
Link to recipe here!

8. Avocado Pesto Pasta
Recipe for the pesto here!

9. Oreo Balls
Here's an example recipe!

10. Flawless Taco Dip
Here's one recipe among millions of great ones the internet has to offer.
(I also make one on my own that's healthier, by combining plain low-fat Greek yogurt, some salsa, taco seasoning, and a little bit of sharp cheese)

11. Homemade alfredo or tomato sauce over pasta
This is one my culinary school sister loves the best. One example recipe for fancy alfredo sauce here.

12. Gnocchi Skillet
This is my Ma's favorite, and one of my favorite foods to have at home.
Recipe:
Combine your favorite chopped vegetables in a skillet. We use bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, zucchini and sometimes others. Add chicken sausage chopped into thin slices, as well as some olive oil. Sauté everything together. Then add cooked gnocchi and a can of diced tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper and top with parmesan cheese. 

13. Polenta
Polenta is a culinary gift for mere cooking mortals. Here are some tips for cooking it correctly.


14. Pan-Seared Pork Chops
Another of my sister's choices, pan cooked pork or steak. One possible recipe here, which includes a citrus dressing.

15. Brown Sugar Meatloaf
Meatloaf might not usually be your jam, but this recipe makes a really good one. It's the recipe my mom uses and I can vouch for its deliciousness.
Here's the recipe.

16. Egg rolls
Yes, homemade egg rolls seem like a daunting task. Yes, it also requires a lot of work. These are worth it. My mom and stepdad make these for special occasions and they're pure heaven.
Recipe here!

17. Zucchini and Crumbled Sausage Tart
This is one of my favorite meals in the world. Do yourself a favor, though, and add some fresh mozzarella slices or another little cheesy component.
Here's the magical recipe.




For all of the best cooking infographics for beginning cooks, check out this wonderful post from a blog called Quick Easy Cook.  

1 comment:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS