Guest Post: Suggestions For Reading Three Times Per Day

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

[this is the first guest post by one of my wonderful new guest bloggers!]

If you are familiar with Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs, you know that humans have certain needs that must be met in order to survive and thrive. Reading might not be on the original list, but it is on mine as an essential daily task.


If reading is so important. How can you prioritize it in your schedule to ensure that you are reading every day? I have three suggestions for how to fit reading in three times a day.


There are two stereotypes people have about mornings. One is the hurried, rushed person getting dressed as they run out the door. The other image is the lethargic person who can barely function and needs a caffeine I.V. drip to even get out the door.


What if I told you there is a better way? A better way that includes books.


I read a book called Miracle Morning that changed my life and how I view mornings.


The premise of the book is to start your morning out with intention. You complete a list of tasks each morning, and one of them is reading. For some people it’s five minutes, for others maybe you have an entire hour to read in the morning.


The point is to make time to read first thing at the start of the day. Our willpower is the greatest then, and a good book could give you the focus and direction you need for the rest of the day.


Maybe you’re not convinced about getting up to read. How about audiobooks on the way to work or while you are getting ready? Audiobooks are an amazing way to get your reading in on the go. You can listen while at the gym, in your car, or in your closet.


In the middle of day, you could carry your Kindle in your bag and find a few minutes to read. I see people in the grocery store all the time staring at their phone, which as a non-phone addict I find irritating. However, if you had to stare at a phone, why not make it a book. Kindle and Audible have mobile apps. It is possible to squeeze in a few minutes anywhere.


Finally, at the end of the day, I make it part of my routine to close out the day with a book. When my kids were younger, it was about reading to them. Now, I send myself off to bed with the treat of a good book.



I am a die hard paperback fan. So, I use this time to catch on library books. If my day ran late, I lay down with my headphone and audiobook, and let the narrator take me to dreamland.


This is only the beginning of all the ways you can fit reading into your day. Are you going to try one of the methods I suggested or do you have your own proven ways to get reading in? Either way, give a shout-out in the comments and let us know how you get your daily reading done.


Author Bio: My name is Marla Leigh from www.thehealthcaremaquis.com. It is my pleasure to be here and share my great love of books with you. I love books of all kinds, but in particular nonfiction and juvenile fiction. I guess they appeal to the part of me that never grew up. I believe that books enrich every area of our lives, so I encourage you to read more. It is good for your brain, mental health, and overall health. I look forward to sharing some of my favorite reads with you and hope to hear about some of yours as well.

Edited by: Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS