Top 10 of 2016

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Yes, this is late, but I got inspired to decide on my top 10 books of 2016, so here they are. I read a lot of awesome stuff, and some not great stuff, but these are the ones that stuck with me the most, that I couldn't stop recommending and that I rated the highest.


10. Rat Queens (Mostly Volumes 1 and 2) by Kurtis J. Weibe
Why It's Awesome: Amazing art, badass heroines, hilarious and dark


9. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
Why It's Awesome: Interesting concept, fast pacing, twists I definitely didn't expect



8. Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng
Why It's Awesome: Incredible writing, deep and complex characters, heartbreaking and honest story

7. Invasion of the Tearling by Erika Johansen
Why It's Awesome: Defies second book slump, action-filled, political intrigue, ass kicking heroine

6. Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane
Why It's Awesome: Intense mind games, shock and awe, excellent writing

5. This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab
Why It's Awesome: Ummm...monsters vs. humans. Also, amazing characters and structure


4. My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton and Jodi Meadows
Why It's Awesome: It's insanely funny, creative and historically based

3. Parable of the Sower by Octavia Butler
Why It's Awesome: Great characters, shockingly realistic, suspenseful and fascinating



2. A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
Why It's Awesome: I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO DESCRIBE THIS IT'S JUST INCREDIBLE


1. The Lunar Chronicles Series by Marissa Meyer
Why It's Awesome: One of the most addicting, creative, intelligent series I have ever encountered

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS