My Top 10 of Just About Everything

Saturday, July 2, 2016

I love making lists! I do it all the time for my own relaxation, returning to happy memories, and planning for the future. So I've done a variety here, none of which are in any particular order, and all of which are probably missing many possible items. Regardless, please enjoy this glimpse into my life and listing obsession.



Top 10 Favorite Books (10 is nowhere near enough to list all my favorites, so this list is far from complete):
  1. Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling (yes, I know this is technically 7 books, but it's my list and I make the rules!)
  2. Graceling by Kristin Cashore
  3. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
  4. Daddy Long Legs by Jean Webster
  5. Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
  6. The Lunar Chronicles Series (yes, another series, but it's okay--it counts as 1 in my mind)
  7. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
  8. The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall
  9. Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
  10. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

Top 10 Favorite Movies: 
  1. Rain Man
  2. Pride and Prejudice
  3. Spy
  4. Beauty and the Beast
  5. Speed
  6. The Usual Suspects
  7. The Shawshank Redemption
  8. Home Alone
  9. Bridesmaids
  10. Love Actually


Top 10 Places I Want to Visit:
  1. Ireland
  2. Greece
  3. Tahiti
  4. Belize
  5. Hawaii
  6. Singapore
  7. South Africa/Kenya
  8. Luxembourg
  9. England
  10. Austria
  11. Is "everywhere" an acceptable #11?


Top 10 Books I Want to Read ASAP (this list could be 300 long, if I had enough time for that):
  1. The Girls by Emma Cline
  2. Farenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
  3. Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel
  4. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
  5. Beastly Bones by William Ritter
  6. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
  7. Illuminae by Amie Kauffman and Jay Kristoff
  8. Rook by Sharon Cameron
  9. Conspiracy of Blood and Smoke by Anne Blankman
  10. Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard


10 Favorite Places I've Been:
  1. Peru!
  2. Southern France
  3. Puerto Vallarta and Cancun, Mexico
  4. Boston, Massachusetts
  5. Positano, Italy
  6. Seattle, Washington
  7. Vancouver
  8. Rome and Florence, Italy
  9. Barcelona, Spain
  10. Florida Keys

10 Favorite Adventures/Experiences I've Had:
  1. Skydiving
  2. Ziplining in Mexico, and across the river from Georgia to Alabama
  3. Snorkeling in Mexico, Florida and Puerto Rico
  4. Swimming with dolphins in the Florida Keys
  5. Cliff Jumping in Central Wisconsin and Canada
  6. Seeing Wicked on and off Broadway
  7. Meeting some of my favorite authors at NerdCon
  8. Sandboarding and riding in dune buggies in Peru
  9. Whitewater Rafting in Central Wisconsin
  10. Swimming in a waterfall pool and sliding down a waterfall in Canada

Top 10 Bucket List Items:

  1. Swim in Devil's Pool at Victoria Falls
  2. Turn a school bus into a traveling party home and go on an epic road trip with friends/cousins
  3. Backpack Europe
  4. Adopt a rescue dog
  5. Go to a masquerade ball
  6. Pet and play with an otter (and then steal it and keep it as a pet)
  7. Visit Irish castles and cliffs
  8. Visit every place where Harry Potter filming was done
  9. Write a book and have it published
  10. Work at a bookshop


Top 10 People I'd Like to Meet (both living and dead):

  1. Morgan Freeman (an encounter I would use to record Morgan Freeman saying inspirational quotes so I could play them back for daily inspiration)
  2. Jean Webster (author of Daddy Long Legs, one of my favorite books ever)
  3. Emma Watson
  4. My Nana (technically I have met her, but I was a baby when she passed away and I'd love to meet her as an adult)
  5. Martin Luther King Jr. 
  6. FDR
  7. Robert Downey Jr.
  8. J.K. Rowling
  9. Hermione Granger, Sirius Black, and Fred and George Weasley (the real ones. This list clearly doesn't have to be realistic)
  10. The owner of a private island and a lot of money, so we can be friends and I can live on that island



10 Things I Wish I Was Good At:
  1. Acting
  2. Juggling
  3. Dancing
  4. Having Lots of Money
  5. Ribbon Twirling (is that what it's called...?)
  6. Dolphin Training
  7. Trapeze Artistry
  8. Controlling water with my mind
  9. Tackle Football (arguably the least realistic one on this list)
  10. Spontaneous Teleportation


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS