Book Review: Winter

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Winter by Marissa Meyer

5/5 stars

THIS WAS THE BEST SERIES CONCLUSION POSSIBLY EVER.
Just had to get that off my chest. This book was amazing. As I've continually said, each time I review a Lunar Chronicles book, they're always excellent, and they get a little better every time. Winter was the finest example yet. It was so great, I couldn't actually handle the greatness of it at many moments.

Don't let this book fool you. Despite appearances, it is not the same length as Cress. In fact, this book is a whopping 800 pages, but the paper is deceptively thin to make the book more manageable to hold on to. At first, I was very stressed about the potentially increased risk of ripping the precious pages, but it never happened, and I ultimately enjoyed not having to carry around an even thicker book.

This series ranks among my top 3 or 4 series of all time. Do you guys realize how big a deal that is? I have read a lot of books, and a lot of amazing books at that. And to find a series that I love close to as much as Harry Potter and some other beloved collections?? I didn't think it was possible.

I will keep this review fairly brief so it can be spoiler free for anyone who hasn't read these books yet, or is still working through them. But, I can say that I was very satisfied with the conclusion of this series and the action and pacing were excellent as always. The book started at a more leisurely pace, but by page 200 or so, I was flipping frantically through pages and chapters, desperate to get to the end. (I was also extremely sad to get to the end, don't get me wrong)

As always, I adored the old and new characters, and Meyer is continuously excellent at developing her characters and making them relatable, lovable, and believable.

All in all, I was so incredibly happy with this series, and this final installment in particular, though my Lunar Chronicles hangover was very real. (Thankfully I still have Fairest and Stars Above to get me back into this world for a bit)

My emotions and excitement and joy throughout this book: 10/10
My sorrow at finishing this amazing series: 9/10
My level of desire to be a member of this group of characters: 10/10
[please please please can  I just be friends with them]


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS