Book Review: Maybe Someday

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover

5/5 stars


Oh, Colleen....you get me every time, girl. This book was a sensation. It gripped me completely and I had no desire to break away from it.

**minor spoiler alert!**

First of all, a deaf protagonist? First time I've read anything like that and I was so totally on board. As someone with a close deaf family member, I immediately needed to read this as soon as I found out about that part of the plot, because it is so rare to read a book with a deaf character, let alone a deaf male protagonist.

I felt that the way Colleen Hoover handled writing a deaf character was excellent. My fear was that the book would become a sob story with everyone sitting around pitying the deaf guy, but it was the total opposite. His deafness was just an integral and amazing part of the already amazing story. The characters all had easy ways of communicating, and deafness was never looked at as a disability in the book. Not once. That was remarkable to me, and of course made me very happy.

The writing in this book was great, fluid, and captivating. The characters felt realistic and complete, and I was sucked into the emotional grip of the book almost immediately. This book, like most of Colleen Hoover's books, made me both laugh and cry. In my opinion, the ending was a perfect conclusion, and it never felt forced.

There is also an amazing soundtrack to accompany this book, which makes it even better.

Magical Moments: 5/5
Emotional level: 9/10
Soundtrack: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS