Book Review: Cress

Monday, April 18, 2016

Cress by Marissa Meyer

5/5 stars

Oh, Ms. Meyer. Be still my heart. I don't know how I can keep writing new reviews for these books when all I can do is rave about how they get more and more amazing every time. (Also, everyone please take a moment or twelve to just stare at that cover.)

Honestly, without geeking out again,  I can say that these books hook me from the start and keep me obsessed past the end. I am simultaneously thrilled and terrified to finish this series, because I can't wait to know how it concludes, but I also don't ever want it to be over. Someone help me solve this predicament!

For me to enjoy sci-fi this much means that it has to be well-written, captivating, and have elements of multiple genres. I'm not always the biggest sci-fi fan, but this series makes me rethink that. Marissa Meyer does everything exactly how I would want it in an ideal scenario and I wish I could thank her for that.

I love any movie or book that has a team of misfits and allies, working together for a common purpose. This book is the perfect example of that: a collection of  unique, likable characters who form bonds of friendship or love and become stronger working together than apart. That's one of those reading scenarios I can't help but love. And the fact that this series adds more amazing characters with every book is probably one of the reasons I adore reading them so much.

I'm a Lunar Chronicles fangirl now and I'm not even a little ashamed. My book nerd is showing, guys.





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS