Book Review 4: Cinder

Sunday, April 3, 2016

Cinder by Marissa Meyer

5/5 stars 


Oh, goodness.  This book was so excellent.  With my very hectic college and work schedule it has been a very long time since I've finished a book in a matter of 2 or 3 days.  This book reminded me that it's still possible.  I was hooked from a few pages in, and I couldn't stop reading from that point onward. When I was halfway through the book I went right to Amazon and ordered cheap copies of the next two books in the series.  They arrive tomorrow and it isn't soon enough!

Meyer expertly combined several genres that you'd never expect to mix together well--fairy tale retelling, dystopia, and sci-fi.  But her writing is so captivating and her ideas are so original and thorough that it all just works.  I'm not the biggest sci-fi person at times, and I'll be honest--I had some doubts at first as to whether this would be my cup of tea.  Then I started the book and realized immediately that there was no way for it not to be my cup of tea.  Because it's so good.  Honestly, I'm definitely losing it over this book and I don't even care.  And from what I've heard the series just gets better and better from here.  I'm so jazzed, guys.

Highly recommended.  I was entertained, emotional, attached, and yelling advice at my beloved new character friends the entire time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS