642 Things to Write, Day 2

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Frankenstein's best actor acceptance speech.

*Mounts stage to thunderous applause*

*Takes place at podium*  *Grumbles unintelligibly* *Pulls out crumpled piece of paper*


Ladies and Gentlemen, thank you for being here today at this most joyous of occasions.  It is to all of you, and to my family, that I dedicate this award.  I'd like to thank my fathers for believing in me even when it was difficult.  I wasn't always the simplest child, and it's hard enough being a gay couple in this day and age without the addition of a "problem child" in the house.  But they were perseverant. 

From my performance in this film you may have expected me to be less than eloquent up here on stage.  However, what many people don't know is that, while acting in major Hollywood motion pictures I have also been attending Oxford University and have recently received my degree in Linguistics and Literature. 

So now I'd like to leave you with a message for everyone else out there who is underappreciated.  For the people who no one ever expects to succeed.  You can be more than your adversity.  You are not defined by a rule of what is supposed to be right.  Everyone is born great and has the potential to become greater.  Choose to take that as a challenge to be the best version of yourself.  I don't regret it.  Neither will you.

Thank you all and thanks to The Academy!

*strides off stage in the wrong direction*  *more thunderous applause*

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS